Skip to main content

Contributions and volunteer.

Bismillahirahmanirrahim. Assalamuaikum w.b.t. My name is Nor Nadilah Binti Sofian. I’m 21 years old (2020) and currently pursuing Bachelor computer science at International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM). So today, I got an e-portfolio related task that I need to submit. It is for Usrah Budi 4.  In this post, I will write about my own contribution. Alhamdulillah, last semester I got many chances to join programs for societies. I actively joined ICTSS as a sub-committee under Spiritual and Islamisation and in Sahabat Yadim as a sub-committee under Public Relation and Welfare. I learnt a lot from programs under those bureaus. In this post, I will 'throwback' some memories from the day I start to contribute my energy to society other than study. I start to join a student society in my first year second sem. Here I found my new families.

SNI - Spiritual and Islamisation is one of the bureaus under ICTSS 


Where I met them as sub-com for the first time. 


First meeting!

The first program I joined is Islam and Tech Talk 1.0. It was held on March 2019. For me, the program actually very special as I met new friends too from ISRAK which is a society under other kulliyyah. As an introvert, having a chance to meet and work with new friends is one of the best moments in my life and I really appreciated it


 My first program evah in IIUM, with Bro Firdaus Wong.


Amazing team!



Islam and Tech Talk 2.0 with Ustaz Addien!


Other than talks, I also being part in Garden In Circle. 

GIC 1.0


GIC 1.0


GIC 1.0



GIC 2.0


GIC  2.0

ICPC 

Other than programmes under society, I also joined
ICPC Malaysia for a national programming contest in IIUM as a committee
 I found it's so cool and I really enjoy it! Those participants are so clever, I could not even answer the first question guys. 




Okay, that's my hand btw. hehe


 Annual Grand Dinner for Sahabat Yadim.




I joined this program as a Pubpro (publication and promotion).
Sat in the backstage handled the backdrop and music for the program from the start till the end make me felt so anxious! Alhamdulillah, everything went well. New experience!


Annual Grand Dinner for KICT



Being a financial controller actually give me a big pressure especially when I need to handle a big amount of money. However, being apart of this crazy team helps me to forget that pressure. Thank You, guys!
"Great Team, Great Work."


 The Homeless volunteer program (Sahabat Yadim)



The most memorable program I ever joined is the Homeless volunteer program organized by Sahabat Yadim IIUM. My friend Siti Salbiah is one of the students who actively organized programmes under Sahabat Yadim  (now named as Rakan Siswa Yadim (RSY) invited me to join the program. On this program, we have been assigned to two units of groups. The first group will distribute the food and hygiene pack among the homeless, while the other group will collect litters on sidewalks. 



From the program, I learnt that a lot of people are so lucky to be able to live in a house and never worried about shelter and food consistently. The homeless only have temporary shelter and exposed to a lot of risks. Especially nowadays, Covid-19 can easily spread and those people maybe cannot even afford to have a single mask not to mention having a proper sanitizer tool. Luckily, the Malaysian government take care of the homeless and give shelter to them during Movement Under Control (MCO) 2020. However, not all homeless can be approach and those who unlucky might face the risks of COVID-19. 


I learnt that I need to be grateful for everything that I received. To show how grateful I am, I need to put extra efforts into helping those who in need so society can get the benefits of it. 


Being apart of committees who have responsibility from the day I started to join society till the end of the tenue make me realize how big responsibility is, even I am just a sub-com. I realized no matter how small our tasks are, make sure to do it sincerely and give all-out to everything because it has value in the eyes of Allah. Also thank you to those who asked me to join programmes. You guys mean a lot. *give chocolate* I did not put here all programmes that I joined as I lost a lot of photos. hehe




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NOTHING! DONT READ!

Assalamualaikum. Alhamdulillah. sekarang dah boleh dah update blog bila-bila masa.  tahun lepas tak sentuh pun blog 😂 haha. sebab malas nak edit pakai phone. last update masa form 4 iaitu tahun 2015. sekarang 2017.  dan unfortunately,, terdelete entry pasal sembelih burung puyuh. dah cari cara nak dapatkan balik tapi tak berkesan. 😔 takpelah. malas nak kisah benda dah lepas. sekarang ni focus masa depan. spm punya result pun dah dapat. (tak tinggi untuk di post di ig. lol). result smu apatah lagi. okey stakat ni jer. bye assalamualaikum.

What I want to do in 5 years?

Bismillahirahmanirrahim. Assalamuaikum w.b.t. My name is Nor Nadilah binti Sofian.. I’m 20 years old and currently pursuing Bachelor computer science at International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM). So today, I got an e-portfolio related task that I need to submit. It is for Usrah budi 2. I need to write about What I want to be for next 5 years? Honestly, I cannot even imagine before that I will pursue my study in ICT. So what I want to be in next 5 years obviously not what I even imagine since kid. Pursuing in ICT creates   a new environment for me, and how I see the world today, how technology currently been used in everywhere, such as in education, transportation, business and etc. I cannot decide yet what I want to be, what I want to specialize in, especially in career. For me, 5 years is not so long in term of period of time, but it is quite a long journey; that I can learn a lot sort of things, which   can create a ‘new’ me in 5 years.   However, it is not a wrong action to